MILWAUKEE, Mar. 12, 2020
Dear Valued Customer,
As the world continues to monitor and respond to the COVID-19 (coronavirus) pandemic, Alpha Source Group and our affiliate companies – Alpha Source, BC Technical and Medical Optics – are taking preemptive measures to minimize the impact on customers, patients, caregivers, facilities and our employees.
We continue to monitor actions and communications at a local, national and global level. This includes reviewing official statements made by recognized healthcare authorities such as the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and the World Health Organization (WHO).
In accordance with our business continuity plan, we created a COVID-19 Task Force which is responsible for guiding our response to this evolving situation. Rest assured that we will communicate updates and notify you of any necessary steps to maintain continuous service and ensure the health and well-being of our staff and yours.
Here are a few plans that our task force has implemented:
- Advising field engineers / technicians to check-in with appropriate facility departments and related personnel prior to arriving at service appointments.
- Providing field engineers, technicians and other essential staff a letter of employment stressing the criticality of their work to medical facilities, in the event they are questioned regarding travel outside of their homes.
- Retraining all ASG employees on PPE and infection control best practices, including:
- Proper and frequent handwashing.
- Social distancing, including separation of workstations.
- Staying at home if not feeling well (and requiring medical clearance to return to work).
- Adjusting our travel policy and using remote work capabilities as much as possible to limit spread of the COVID-19 virus among our staff and to our customers.
- Managing our people resources in order to maintain continuous product supply.
- Working with our supply chain to understand and mitigate any risks and with our shipping partners to ensure distribution.
- Notifying guests and visitors to our facility of our updated office access policy.
We are committed to maintaining normal business operations. Currently, there are no disruptions in our supply chain, so we continue to deliver services and parts as usual.
Additionally, we will respond to your service requests as quickly as possible while also complying with your policies regarding facility access and PPE practices. Concern for the safety and well-being of everyone involved is our utmost concern.
As we all navigate these challenging times, please know that you have our ongoing support and commitment.
Richard Springer, Jr.
President and CEO, Alpha Source Group
About Alpha Source Group
Alpha Source Group is a next-generation service partner that’s reinventing technical services, depot services and parts supply chain in the healthcare industry. Our breadth of healthcare segments served, depth of capabilities, and scale allow us to deliver service and parts, better and faster to our customers. The companies under the Alpha Source Group umbrella include Alpha Source, BC Technical and Medical Optics. Each organization brings its specialty in biomed, surgical or imaging solutions to create a comprehensive set of capabilities. We pride ourselves on the “3F Model” – fast, flexible and friendly. Modalities serviced include PET, PET/CT, CT, MRI, NM, SPECT & SPECT/CT, BMD, and Ultrasound. The company is headquartered in Milwaukee, Wis. For more information, visit alphasourcegroup.com or call 800-654-9845.