Alpha Source Group Expands Offerings and Celebrates Key Accomplishments
Custom solutions and integrated national field service team drive strategic growth; Meet Alpha Source Group leaders at RSNA Booth #4776
MILWAUKEE, Nov. 15, 2018 – Just a year after its most recent major acquisition of BC Technical, Alpha Source Group – now comprised of Alpha Source, Medical Optics and BC Technical – has made significant progress toward creating additional value-based medical device maintenance and service solutions for the healthcare industry.
“As one of the largest independent full service imaging services and equipment solutions companies in the United States, Alpha Source Group spent the past several years solidifying our service delivery foundation through organic growth, strategic acquisition and collaborative integration efforts,” says president Rich Springer. “In 2018, we leveraged our service excellence, deep technical expertise and large-scale program management skills to create an expanded offering around custom outsourced solutions.” Springer points to the development of customized solutions for OEMs, ISOs, asset management companies and hospital systems as a primary driver for Alpha Source Group growth and innovation.
In addition to expanding the service portfolio, 2018 Alpha Source Group accomplishments include:
- Continued growth and scale of a service team of field and depot engineers providing service for imaging and biomed medical equipment in all major markets in the U.S.
- Ultrasound and Densitometry were added to the modalities BC Technical services, expanding service offerings from CT, MRI, PET, PET/CT, and SPECT.
- An expanded surgical solutions depot space in Fort Lauderdale, Fla. – for the repair of flexible endoscopes, rigid endoscopes, surgical instruments, power tools and cameras.
- As part of offering custom solutions, the company built an outsourced depot facility in Milwaukee, Wis. This unique model allows OEMs and other healthcare customers to outsource their entire service and repair functions, allowing them to focus critical internal resources on product development and innovation.
- Rich Springer was named president and Alpha Source Group hired Vionnta Rivers as chief commercial officer, a new role, strengthening the company’s senior leadership team.
“We’ve celebrated some major accomplishments this year, and we will continue to evolve our offerings,” says Springer. “Our team is committed to seeking innovative solutions that provide value and the highest quality of care for our customers and their patients.”
About Alpha Source Group
Alpha Source Group provides solutions to extend the life of medical equipment for health care customers and their equipment repair providers. A unique blend of OEM quality and ISO flexibility, Alpha Source had its origin as a manufacturer of OEM quality medical battery packs, and distribution of over 60,000 SKUs of biomed parts, supplies and accessories. In 2017, Alpha Source acquired BC Technical, an imaging service provider with expertise in all major OEM medical imaging systems, and Medical Optics, a scope repair company in south Florida. Together, these companies now form the Alpha Source Group, and deliver solutions across the repair and maintenance spectrum. The company is headquartered in Milwaukee, Wis. For more information, visit alphasourcegroup.com or call 800-654-9845.
NOTE TO EDITORS: Additional assets and background materials are available on Alpha Source Group’s online RSNA press room: rsna.vporoom.com/AlphaSourceGroup. Company leaders will be available during RSNA at Booth #4776. Please call or email to schedule an interview.